NEW! We've STREAMLINED the spring 2020 virtual science fair so students can participate and submit individual projects from their own home. You still need data from GOES-16 or GOES-17 to investigate weather and natural hazards. And there will still be three winning teams OR individuals: middle school, high school and grades 13/14 (community college or university).
Students from the winning teams will receive $25 gift cards AND official GOES-T launch viewing invitations to KSC (but no travel support). Their teachers will garner launch invites (no travel support) and conference travel support to attend and present at the 2021 American Meteorological Society (AMS) meeting in New Orleans!
Here are the new guidelines and requirements:
1) Watch this 6-minute video on Weather Satellites
2) Learn about GOES-R via this short GOES-R Series Satellites module.
3) Submit a project to the 2020 CIMSS Virtual Science Fair using data from GOES-16 or GOES-17!
Please plan on submitting your project by May 22nd. NOTE TO TEACHERS - We are now encouraging teachers to assign this to their entire classrooms. STUDENTS: feel free to enter whether this is an assignment or not! And if you already have/had a project underway with your classmates you can still enter as a team.
All entries must include:
6) SUBMIT YOUR PROJECTS HERE:
- PPT Template
- Scoring Rubic (helpful guide when making your poster)
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions related to this science fair