CIMSS GOES 40th Anniversary Animation Contest
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the first GOES launch on Oct 16, 1975, CIMSS is hosting a GOES 40th Anniversary Animation contest.
- Eligibility: The contest is open to anyone who makes a GOES animation.
- The animation needs to be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo or some other public web site.
- To enter the contest, you must submit the URL of that site, along with other required information.
- Each individual can submit up to 5 animations.
- The animation must be from a GOES satellite (GOES-1 through GOES-15).
- You must include a description of the animation that is no more than 250 words.
- You may not post material that has been copyrighted by others.
- By entering the contest, entrants are giving permission to use the video.
- For winning videos, a copy of the animation must be provided.
- Video files should be: MP4 (encoded using h264 or mpeg4), animated GIF or Quicktime.
Submission Deadline is October 12. Winners will be announced and posted on Oct 16, 2015.
UPDATED: Contest winners have been announced! View the list of winners, along with their animations.
For more information, please contact the CIMSS Webmaster