Past Climates - Natural Drivers
Earth's current warming is linked to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide due to human activities and the burning of fossil fuels. But the Earth has had warm climates in the past without nearly as high C02 levels, this lesson explains past warming.
In this lesson you will learn:
1) Mechanisms of past climate change
2) Three orbital variations that affect Earth's climate
3) How ice core proxy data confimed slide rule calculations
This lesson should take around 1 hour.
Science Standards covered in this lesson (click to show)
• Science Content: U Unifying Concept and Processes
• Science Content: D Earth and Space Science
AP Environmental Science Topics
• Earth is one interconnected system
Wisconsin Common Core Standards:
• Science B – Nature of Science
• Science E – Earth and Space Science