The IPCC's Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) relies on the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project, Phase 5 (CMIP5), a collaborative climate modelling process coordinated by the World Climate Research Programme. CMIP5 supports future projections of climate associated with different atmospheric greenhouse gas (GHG) specified by Representative Concentration Pathways or RCPs. This lesson looks at four RCPs in more detail.
In this lesson you will learn:
1) The four main RCP's included in the IPCC AR5 report.
2) Projections of future temperatures based on different future emission scenarios
This lesson should take around 30 minutes.
Science Standards covered in this lesson (click to show)
• Geography: Environment and Society
• Science Content: Science in Personal and Social Perspectives
• Math - Data Analysis and Probability Standards
o Develop and evaluate inferences and predictions that are based on data
AP Environmental Science Topics:
• Human survival depends on developing practices that will achieve sustainable systems
Wisconsin Common Core Standards:
• Science H – Science in Personal and Social Perspectives