Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (NPP) Polar2grid Reprojection Software Version 1.1 Release
17 October 2013
Update to the CSPP software release that enables Suomi NPP users to create:
What's new in version 1.1:
- High Resolution VIIRS GeoTIFF files for all SDR bands, including the Day/Night Band, and
- Gridded VIIRS NetCDF-3 files for a selection of SDR bands suitable for display in the Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS I and II), the US National Weather Service (NWS) Visualization and Analysis Tool.
The software uses standard CSPP or IDPS Science Data Records (SDRs) as input, and allows the user a selection of projections or grids to use for the remapping.
The default GeoTIFF projection is the WGS 84/Plate Carrée coordinate system. The execution takes place using simple bash shell scripts, with the user specifying a directory containing the SDR files, or the files themselves. If more than one contiguous granule is provided, it will create an aggregated image or grid.
- VIIRS 24 bit True Color GeoTIFFs can now be created,
- Users can now define their own GeoTIFF grid domains,
- MODIS Level 1B GeoTIFF file creation is now supported.
Software, execution scripts and documentation are included with the release.
This version of the software is being co-released as part of the International MODIS/AIRS Processing Package (IMAPP).