Location: Northern Alaska, based out of Fort Wainwright, Fairbanks, Alaska
Principal Investigator: Drs. Steve Ackerman and Hank Revercomb
U. Wisconsin's Objectives:
2) Retrieve cloud radiative properties,
3) Retrieve atmospheric temperature and moisture profiles, and
4) Support calibration of the MODIS Airborne Simulator.
2) Study Arctic cloud-radiation feedbacks, including changes in cloud fraction and vertical distribution, water vapor cloud content, cloud particle concentration and size, and cloud phase as atmospheric temperature and chemical composition change.
3) Improve current climate model simulations of the Arctic climate, especially with respect to clouds and their effects on the surface energy budget.
4) Address a number of scientific questions dealing with radiation, cloud microphysics, and atmospheric chemistry.
This page is being maintained by SSEC/CIMSS personnel while the Arctic Cloud experiment is
being conducted. Please refer questions to Von P. Walden at email@example.com.
Created on 5 May 1998.