CSPP Sounder QuickLook (QL) Software for Display of NUCAPS, HSRTV, MIRS and IAPP Retrievals Version 1.0 Release
17 June 2015
First CSPP software release for plotting navigated sounder datasets derived from one of several software packages that create Level 2
atmospheric retrievals. It consists of Sounder Quicklook plotting scripts, which generate navigated pressure level plots of
temperature and moisture, as well as Skew-T thermodynamic diagrams. These plots are generated from Level 2 product files produced by the
following CSPP software packages:
The output image format is Portable Network Graphics (PNG).
System requirements for the CSPP Sounder Quicklook v1.0 software are as follows:
- CSPP-NOAA Unique CrIS/ATMS Processing System (CSPP-NUCAPS),
- CSPP Hyperspectral Sounder Retrieval (Dual Regression) (HSRTV),
- CSPP-Microwave Integrated Retrieval System (CSPP-MIRS), and
- CSPP-International ATOVS Processing Package (CSPP-IAPP).
The Sounder Quick Look plotting scripts include many options, allowing users to customize the
output images. Users can define the image geographic boundaries, map projection, data range of the plot and
map resolution. Other options include choosing to display a scatter plot, choosing the geographic center point of the
image as well as the output .png image resolution in Dots-per-Inch (DPI).
Software, execution scripts and documentation are included with the release.
- Intel or AMD CPU with 64-bit instruction support,
- 1 GB RAM,
- CentOS-6 64-bit Linux (or other compatible 64-bit Linux distribution),
- 3 GB of disk space