Education and Training
Email the Co-Chairs
ITSC-XXIII: Virtual Meeting, 24 - 30 June 2021
Registration (Abstract deadline: 19 April 2021)
ITSC-23 registration and abstract submission is now open at the link above! Please watch for the registration confirmation from this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrangements for ITSC-23
- The conference will start on Thursday June 24 and end on Wednesday June 30;
- Oral presentations and poster sessions will be held Thu/Fri/Mon/Tue/Wed;
- There will be a social event during the weekend of the conference;
- CIMSS/SSEC will provide conference support as usual.
The virtual format of ITSC-23 will be different in the following ways:
- Since we have colleagues attending from around the world, ITSC-23 will not be an all-day event. It will be approximately 4 hours per day;
- We will not be able to accommodate the usual number of oral presentations. However, we will do our best to accommodate all posters;
- Poster sessions will be held virtually during the conference (format to be announced);
- Working group virtual meetings will be held in advance of the conference with the format to be determined (CIMSS will provide meeting support);
- There is no registration fee for ITSC-23.
Call for abstracts for ITSC-23 (PDF)
If you wish to give an oral or poster presentation at ITSC-23, please submit your abstract via the registration website before the 19 April 2021 submission deadline.
Satellite-operating agencies are invited to submit an abstract for a poster presentation on current status and plans for future programs.
Numerical Weather Prediction Centers are invited to submit an abstract for an oral presentation on current status and challenges related to assimilation of sounder data. Please note that we request these presentations to be concise and to focus on current status and challenges.
Topics for ITSC-23
Oral and poster presentations are invited on the following topics:
New developments in the assimilation of sounder data including assimilation of all-sky observations and assimilation of surface-sensitive observations over land/snow/sea-ice surfaces
Current challenges in assimilation and exploitation of sounder data (e.g., characterization of systematic and random observation errors)
Preparations for sunset of current LEO satellites (e.g. NOAA-15, Metop-A, Aqua) and for use of future LEO satellites (e.g, Metop-SG; JPSS-2; FY-3E)
Studies for future infrared and microwave sounders including small satellites
Evaluation of FY-4A GIIRS impact on NWP and preparations for MTG-IRS assimilation
Applications of sounder products for nowcasting
Applications of sounder data in climate monitoring and reanalysis
Sounder data processing software current status and preparations for future missions (Metop-SG; JPSS-2; FY-3E)
Sounder data reception and dissemination services (DBNet, EUMETCAST) current status and future developments
Fast radiative transfer model updates and new techniques (e.g., modeling of aerosol and cloud properties)
Line-by-line model and molecular spectroscopic database developments
Updates on satellite programs and international coordination/cooperation (WMO, CGMS, satellite agencies)
Following the conference, an electronic copy of the Working Group Report and Proceedings will be published on the ITWG website. Your oral presentations and posters submitted to us in electronic form will be made available on the ITWG web site.
|Monday, 22 March
|Monday, 19 April
||Deadline to submit Abstracts
|Friday, 14 May
||Acceptance emails sent out
|Thursday, 10 June
||Deadline to upload Presentations and Posters
|Thursday, 24 June
Contact Maria Vasys or Leanne Avila to be added to the ITWG email list.