The GOES Virtual Science Fair (VSF) will be accepting projects from October to April. Students can participate and submit individual projects from home or in small teams with classmates. The main requirement is using data from GOES-East or GOES-West to investigate weather and natural hazards. There will be three winning teams OR individuals: middle school, high school or grades 13/14 (community college or university).
Students from the winning teams will receive $25 gift cards, plus valuable research experience toward college or future careers.
Guidelines and requirements:
1) Watch this 6-minute video on Weather Satellites
2) Learn about GOES-R via this short GOES-R Series Satellites module.
3) Submit a project to the Virtual Science Fair using data from GOES-East or GOES-West!
Please plan on submitting your project by May 3rd, 2024.
NOTE TO TEACHERS: - While we encourage you to assign this activity to your entire classroom, please conduct an in-house review and only submit the top three projects to the VSF.
ALL entries must include:
High School entries, and grades 13/14, must include:
- PPT Template
- Scoring Rubic (helpful guide when making your poster)
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions related to this science fair