The 2021 GOES Virtual Science Fair (VSF) will be accepting projects from October 2020 to May 2021. Students can participate and submit individual projects from home or in small teams with classmates. The main requirement is using data from GOES-16 or GOES-17 to investigate weather and natural hazards. There will be three winning teams OR individuals: middle school, high school or grades 13/14 (community college or university).
Students from the winning teams will receive $25 gift cards AND official GOES-T launch viewing invitations to KSC (but no travel support) currently scheduled for December 2021.
Guidelines and requirements:
1) Watch this 6-minute video on Weather Satellites
2) Learn about GOES-R via this short GOES-R Series Satellites module.
3) Submit a project to the 2021 CIMSS Virtual Science Fair using data from GOES-16 or GOES-17!
Please plan on submitting your project by May 22nd, 2021.
All entries must include:
6) SUBMIT YOUR PROJECTS HERE:
- PPT Template
- Scoring Rubic (helpful guide when making your poster)
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions related to this science fair