Subject: Re: GAMIT release

From: Dave Tobin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:42:45 -0500 (CDT)

Bob,

Thanks for your help -- I have an official license agreement and have
downloaded the software onto my LINUX machine with g77 and browsed/read
most of the GAMIT manual.  I have two questions:
When I go to compile the software on my machine, I get a fatal error in
the "Running unimake to create Makefile for blsum" section and an
unsuccessful compile.  The specific error message which stops the compile
is :  

 blsum.f:1545: (continued): 
          real*8 function ema8(data) 
                          2 
 Argument #1 (named `data') of `ema8' is one type at (2) but is some other 
 type at (1) [info -f g77 M GLOBALS] 
 make: *** [blsum] Error 1
 Failure in make_gamit -- install_software terminated  

Any ideas on how I can fix this/what I'm doing wrong?

My other question has to do with deriving tropospheric precipitable water
vapor measurements from the GPS data by separating the troposheric signal 
delay into its wet and dry components.  (This is the primary reason I want
to use the software.)  In the manual, I can't find the specific routine(s)
which would produce this.  I guess the "water vapor radiometer" related
routines are the closest, but don't appear to be exactly what I'm looking
for.  Can you point me in the right direction ? 

Thanks for your help,
Dave Tobin

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Bob King wrote:

%Dave
%
%You'll note that I went ahead and put you on the distribution
%list for announcing releases.  If you're anxious to get started,
%feel free to copy the software, or at least the README and release
%notes any time.
%
%--bob
%

Dave Tobin
Space Science and Engineering Center                         608-265-6281
University of Wisconsin - Madison                      608-262-5974 (FAX)
1225 W. Dayton St., Madison, WI 53706            [email-masked]

---

From: Dave Tobin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:42:45 -0500 (CDT)

Bob,

Thanks for your help,
Dave Tobin

%Dave
%

Dave Tobin