Education and Training
Email the Co-Chairs
ITSC-24: Tromsø, Norway, 16 - 22 March 2023
Registration and Abstract Submission
The 24th International TOVS Study Conference will be hosted by Met Norway from 16 to 22 March 2023 in Tromsø, Norway. The abstract deadline has passed, but registrations are still open.
Please note that ITSC-24 will be an in-person conference. We do not plan to offer a virtual attendance option. To submit abstracts to the conference, please complete the attendance and abstract form found at:
The conference hotel for the ITSC-24 is the Radisson Blu Hotel. Located just 4 kilometers from Langnes Airport, the newly renovated Radisson Blu is right in the center of the city.
Please note the Radisson Blu Booking Link is available again for making hotel reservations in our group.
European Meteorological Society Young Scientist Award
Application deadline: 5 December 2022
The European Meteorological Society invites applications for a Young Scientist Conference Award (YSCA) to support the participation of one young scientist at the International TOVS Study Conferences (ITSC), Tromsø, Norway, 16 – 22 March 2023. The award includes financial support for travel expenditures of 500€. For details, please visit https://www.emetsoc.org/awards/award-category/young-scientist-conference-awards/
Second Circular (PDF)
First Circular (PDF)
Instructions on how to make a donation to ITSC-24 (PDF)
ITSC-24 Donation Link
Topics for ITSC-24
The conference will cover a wide range of topics concerning atmospheric sounding, its applications, and related issues. We propose that key issues for this meeting include:
- Evaluation of sounder data from FY-3E and FY-4B;
- Preparation for assimilation and exploitation of data from MTG-IRS and IASI-NG;
- Updates on exploitation of current operational sounders including ATOVS, ATMS, SSMIS, AIRS, IASI, CrIS;
- Preparation for retirement of NOAA-18/19, Metop-B/C, and Aqua satellites;
- Assimilation of microwave and infrared sounder data over polar regions;
- All-sky assimilation of microwave and infrared sounder data;
- Retrieval of temperature and moisture profiles from microwave and infrared sounding data;
- Climate Data Records derived from infrared and microwave sounder data;
- Direct readout software for Metop, Metop-SG, FY3, and JPSS sounders;
- Low-latency sounder data from DBNet;
- Radiative transfer model development and validation;
- Studies and results for future infrared and microwave sounders;
- AI/ML techniques and applications relevant to infrared and microwave sounder data analysis and utilization;
- Updates on Satellite Programs and International Coordination (WMO, CGMS).
||15 December 2022
|Deadline for Early Bird Registration Fee (US$750)
||15 January 2023
||15 February 2023
|Deadline for US$850 Registration Fee
||15 February 2023
||16-22 March 2023
Contact Maria Vasys or Leanne Avila to be added to the ITWG email list.