Education and Training
Email the Co-Chairs
ITSC-24: Tromsø, Norway, 16 - 22 March 2023
Registration and Abstract Submission
The 24th International TOVS Study Conference will be hosted by Met Norway from 16 to 22 March 2023 in Tromsø, Norway. The abstract deadline has passed, but registrations are still open.
Please note that ITSC-24 will be an in-person conference. We do not plan to offer a virtual attendance option. To submit abstracts to the conference, please complete the attendance and abstract form found at:
For posters, the display size is limited to 38 inches (width) x 54 inches (height), approximately 99 cm (width) x 138 cm (height). Please note that posters should be PORTRAIT orientation. To make it easier to find poster presenters during the conference, presenters should please include a photo of themselves on the poster if possible.
The conference hotel for the ITSC-24 is the Radisson Blu Hotel. Located just 4 kilometers from Langnes Airport, the newly renovated Radisson Blu is right in the center of the city.
The room block at the conference hotel is currently sold out. Here's a link to nearby hotels so you can book rooms on your own before they are gone!
We have secured a new room block for 26 rooms with a booking deadline of 15 Feb 2023. Please note the special process to obtain a reservation.
Smarthotel Tromsø | Vestregata 6 | 9008 Tromsø
Tel: +47 980 76 539 | www.smarthotel.no
- Room Type Available: 1 queen size bed
- Price: 1495 NOK per night including breakfast
- Reservation Deadline: February 15, 2022
- To make a reservation, email Marius Thorsen at email@example.com with the following information:
- Group Number: 188699
- Number of guests:
- Name(s) of guest(s):
- Check-in date:
- Check-out date:
- Accommodations/Special Requests:
- Payment can be made with a credit card on site upon arrival. If payment needs to be completed ahead of time, please include that request in your email and the hotel will follow up with you to assist with this process.
Third Circular (PDF)
Second Circular (PDF)
First Circular (PDF)
Instructions on how to make a donation to ITSC-24 (PDF)
ITSC-24 Donation Link
Topics for ITSC-24
The conference will cover a wide range of topics concerning atmospheric sounding, its applications, and related issues. We propose that key issues for this meeting include:
- Evaluation of sounder data from FY-3E and FY-4B;
- Preparation for assimilation and exploitation of data from MTG-IRS and IASI-NG;
- Updates on exploitation of current operational sounders including ATOVS, ATMS, SSMIS, AIRS, IASI, CrIS;
- Preparation for retirement of NOAA-18/19, Metop-B/C, and Aqua satellites;
- Assimilation of microwave and infrared sounder data over polar regions;
- All-sky assimilation of microwave and infrared sounder data;
- Retrieval of temperature and moisture profiles from microwave and infrared sounding data;
- Climate Data Records derived from infrared and microwave sounder data;
- Direct readout software for Metop, Metop-SG, FY3, and JPSS sounders;
- Low-latency sounder data from DBNet;
- Radiative transfer model development and validation;
- Studies and results for future infrared and microwave sounders;
- AI/ML techniques and applications relevant to infrared and microwave sounder data analysis and utilization;
- Updates on Satellite Programs and International Coordination (WMO, CGMS).
||15 December 2022
|Deadline for Early Bird Registration Fee (US$750)
||15 January 2023
||15 February 2023
|Deadline for US$850 Registration Fee
||15 February 2023
||16-22 March 2023
Contact Maria Vasys or Leanne Avila to be added to the ITWG email list.