Polar2grid Reprojection Software Version 1.2 Release 28 August 2014
Update to the IMAPP software that enables users to create:
- High Resolution MODIS Level 1B GeoTIFF files for a selection of visible and infrared bands;
- High Resolution MODIS True Color 24 bit GeoTIFF files.
What's new in Version 1.2?
- A 250m resolution predefined grid definition is available that will fit data to a 250m Platte Carrée (wgs84) projection.
- Fixed a problem with 250m MODIS file interpolations from 1km geolocation files that contained missing values.
- Proj4 grid entries used by the polar2grid software now use latitude/longitude degrees as reference coordinates instead of radians. If you are using grids previously defined by the grid_helper.sh script, you will have to define the grids again.
The software uses standard IMAPP or NASA Archive HDF4 files as input, and allows the user a selection of projections or grids to use for the remapping.
The default GeoTIFF projection is the WGS 84/Platte Carrée coordinate system. The software also allows the user to define and create grids covering a locally defined region.
The execution takes place using simple bash shell scripts, with the user specifying a directory containing the MODIS L1B files, or the files themselves.
Software, execution scripts and documentation are included with the release.
This software is also capable of creating S-NPP VIIRS instrument GeoTIFF files, and is being co-released as part of the Community Satellite Processing Package (CSPP).