Level 2 v3.1 release 16 March 2015
This release is an update to the IMAPP MODIS Level 2 software package that transforms Aqua and Terra MODIS
Level 1B input files into Level 2 science data products. The previous IMAPP MODIS Level 2 V3.0 package consisted of a
nearly complete upgrade of the software including the use of MODIS Collect 6 algorithms for most of the products previously supported in Collect 5. This new V3.1 release includes
the MODIS Collect 6 Cloud Optical Properties Software (MOD06OD), including Cloud Optical Thickness and Cloud Effective Radius, and completes the atmosphere suite of NASA baselined Collect 6 IMAPP MODIS Level 2 products.
This IMAPP MODIS Level 2 V3.1 software includes these updates:
In addition to the MODIS baselined products, other products that can be created
using this package include:
- MODIS Collect 6 Cloud Optical Properties Software (MOD06OD) - including Cloud Optical Thickness and Cloud Effective Radius. These products are part of the MOD06 cloud product HDF4 file.
- Updated Terra Infrared Band destriping coefficient file. This improves the quality of products that use the infrared bands.
- A polar product suite, consisting of:
- 1 km Snow Mask
- 1 km Ice Surface and Surrounding Water Temperatures
- 1 km Ice Cover and Ice Concentration
- 1 km Inversion Strength (C) and Inversion Depth (km)
- IMAPP Sea Surface Temperature.
- IMAPP Near Infrared Total Column Water Vapor.
- MODIS Cloud Mask First Byte easy to read product.
The polar product software was developed by the University of
Wisconsin-Madison cryosphere team headed by Dr. Jeffrey Key, NOAA/ASPB.
The set of polar products will be created if the center of the MODIS pass is north of 60 North Latitude or South of 60 South Latitude. The software for these
products has not changed since the previous IMAPP MODIS Level 2 V2.2 release.
The package includes installation and execution instructions, as well
as source code, pre-compiled statically linked executables and individual product documentation.