CSPP Geo GRB Version 0.2 Prototype Release
5 June 2015
The second prototype release includes the following new major capabilities:
- Creates MAG and SEISS Level 1 products (in addition to the previously supported ABI Level 1 and GLM Level 2+ products)
- Processes GRB data in the expected post-launch data format and network configuration (CADU-framed CCSDS packets received over dual UDP sockets)
Output is written to mission-standard NetCDF-4 files. Optionally, quicklooks can be generated from the ABI radiance product.
The supplied test data package includes scripts that simulate the GRB data stream by sending artificial data for each of the supported instruments over two sockets, at the mission data rate.
- 12 core, 2.4 GHz CPU with 64-bit instruction support,
- 32 GB RAM (minimum),
- CentOS 6 64-bit Linux (or other compatible 64-bit Linux distribution),
- 100 GB disk space (minimum).
Support for the remaining GOES-R instruments, SUVI and EXIS, will be added in a future release.